Chocolate and peanut butter are a classic combination? Another classic? Rice Krispies Treats (RKT). Period. Imagine adding peanut butter and chocolate to the cereal treat recipe. Wow, we love these easy chocolate and peanut butter crispy cereal bars! We think these might just be legendary!
To make these gluten-free chocolate and peanut butter treats you will need to hit the pantry and fridge. Here is what you’ll need to gather: butter, mini marshmallows, peanut butter, crispy rice cereal, chocolate chips and vegetable oil. The peanut butter is added to the actual cereal bar, then the chocolate is melted and poured over the top. Let them set up and get ready for a taste sensation.
Take a batch of these to your next potluck, cookout or family gathering and watch them disappear. You could also serve these chocolatey rice cereal treats for dessert.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus about 2 hours to harden
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes plus about 2 hours to harden
- You could use whatever kind of chocolate chips you like – dark chocolate, milk chocolate, semisweet chocolate. Your call.
- Line the bottom of the baking pan with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- To ensure these treats are gluten-free, check the packages you buy. But rice cereals are typically gluten-free.
- Store the treats in an airtight container.
Here’s how to make it:
- Melt the butter, marshmallows and peanut butter together in a large pot over low heat, stirring often.
- When melted, turn off the heat and stir in the cereal.
- Press the mixture into a buttered 13×9-inch baking pan with buttered hands.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 45 to 90 seconds. Stir in the vegetable oil. Pour the chocolate over the top of the cereal. Let the bars sit at room temperature to harden before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 17.1g
Saturated Fat: 9.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 62.1g
Dietary Fiber: 2.6g
Total Sugars: 34.8g
Vitamin D: 46mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.