Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats (aka Peanut Fandangos) are a delicious version of the classic Rice Krispies Treats. Today, Rice Krispies Treats are called RKTs by those who love cookies and sweets. These delicious desserts were invented by Kellogg’s workers Mildred Day and Malitta Jensen in 1939.
Today, RKT variations abound. This peanut butter fandango treats recipe is awesome in at least five delicious ways: marshmallows, peanut butter, peanuts, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips. Using only a microwave cooking method, this chocolate peanut butter recipe makes a quick and yummy treat anytime. Plus, this peanut butter rice cereal treats are gluten-free.
This rice cereal treat recipe has minimal prep and cook time, and can be sitting on your refrigerator chilling in less than 20 minutes. These sweet peanut butter bars are the perfect snack, dessert or to pack in your child’s lunchbox.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus 15 to 30 minutes chilling time
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes, plus 15 to 30 minutes chilling time
- Use the butter wrapper to press the cereal mixture into the pan.
- Store the cereal treats in an airtight container.
Here’s how to make it:
- Measure rice cereal and peanuts. Combine together in a mixing bowl. Set aside. Lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high for 45 seconds or until melted.
- Remove bowl from the microwave. Add marshmallows and toss to coat. Return bowl to the oven. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Remove bowl from the microwave. Stir marshmallows, blending in peanut butter until mixture is smooth.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into rice cereal mixture. Mix thoroughly to coat cereal and peanuts. Press mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, combine semi-sweet chips and butterscotch chips. Cook on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spoon melted chocolate over bars. Use a knife or a spatula to spread chocolate evenly over bars.
- Chill cookies in the refrigerator 15 to 30 minutes or longer. Cut bars into 1 1/2-inch squares. Remove bars from the pan. Place waxed paper in between layers to store them. Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 12.8g
Saturated Fat: 5.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 33.5g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
Total Sugars: 17.8g
Vitamin D: 3mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.